I am looking forward to meeting you all
In addition to our annual recruitment to cater for our growth and to replace departing teachers, we have occasional vacancies that occur during the academic year. These are advertised here.
To help you decide if TAS is the right school for you, here is some background information to help you make an informed decision.
The American School first opened its doors in 2010. The growth of the student body necessitated the move to our new, larger campus in 2020. The campus spans some 18,000 square meters and the building houses over 100 classrooms capable of accommodating around 1500 students. With nine science laboratories, two libraries, three computer labs, a 400-seat auditorium, and a MasterChef kitchen, TAS boasts state-of-the-art facilities. Sports facilities comprise two gymnasiums, one for Middle & High School and one for Elementary School. We have a large outdoor soccer pitch for secondary students as well as a smaller one for younger pupils. In addition to our 25-meter swimming pool, there is a smaller pool where younger students can develop basic swimming skills, water safety and water confidence. A golf driving range, putting green, and a tennis court round out our athletic facilities.
Good communication is key to the success of any school, and we pride ourselves on communicating with and meeting parents on a regular basis. TAS has a reputation for providing quality academic education as well as providing a supportive environment where each child is valued and supported to achieve optimum academic and personal growth.
To achieve our goal of providing the best education possible for our students, we recruit well qualified and experienced staff, aiding them in their professional growth through support and training.
TAS is endorsed/accredited by the Western Association of Schools & Colleges (WASC).
If you feel that TAS is the place for you, please check our vacancies list or even submit an application for a suitable future vacancy.A
Due to growth in student numbers, The American School, HCMC, Vietnam has the following vacancies and is looking for teachers in the following areas:
Early Childhood Center
Primary School Position
Middle School & High School
Teaching in an international school is a different experience from teaching at home. Many teachers have an amazing life altering experience, enabling them to further their career whilst, at the same time, explore different parts of the world.
The American School, a private Early Childhood to Grade 12 college preparatory school, is to educate the whole child incorporating mind, body, and spirit. The school provides the tools, opportunities, and human resources to inspire and promote inquiry and development of self-confidence. Students will be equipped to become leaders with inquiring minds through critical thinking, writing, reasoning, investigating, problem solving, and collaborative experiences. A strong partnership of motivated students, caring faculty and parents affirms and challenges each person within a dynamic American educational program enriched by a multicultural setting in Vietnam. TAS promotes high standards of excellence by enhancing student learning for leadership in a global world.
We have recently moved into a new purpose-built campus which offers our learning community outstanding facilities to work and learn in.
The Head of School has overall responsibility of the campus and chairs weekly Senior Leadership Team meetings. We have strong Middle Leaders and Administrative Support Staff who see to the functions of day to day to school life. All staff are expected to share input and opinions regarding the direction and development of the school. TAS is committed to campus growth and the professional advancement of all of its staff.
TAS is accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges, WASC.
The vast majority of teachers, 80% coming predominantly from the USA, the UK, Canada and Australia. All are full-time, trained, and qualified with relevant teaching experience and appropriate credentials. Teaching Assistant Support is available in all early year’s classes and lower elementary teaching classes have English speaking Vietnamese Teaching Assistants, many of whom are also qualified teachers.
Our students enter Universities globally and achieve excellent graduation results that are supplemented by an extensive after school activities program which our teaching faculty take part in.
We strongly encourage parents to support and be involved in their child’s education. The Parent Association provides an effective channel of support between the parent community and the school. They help with organizing social activities, fundraising events, and provide a great source of support for new families.
- A university degree and a teaching qualification
- A minimum of 2 years teaching experience post certification.
- Secondary teachers only – the ability and experience to teach across the age range from Grade 6 to Grade 12
- Previous international experience
- Extensive experience of a globally accredited curriculum
- Competence/confidence with technology & web based educational platforms.
- A record of participation in activities beyond the classroom.
Professional Qualities Sought
- Positive attitude
- Flexible approach
- Accepting of responsibility
- Dedication to TAS
- Professional appearance (dress code)
- Pride in the quality of your work
- Committed to the students
- Positive role model/mentor
Personal Qualities Sought
- Fluent English speaker
- A positive and professional approach to school life
- Personal confidence and determination
- A willingness to go the “extra mile”
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Good communication skills both orally and in writing
- Reliability and integrity
- Sense of humour
- Creativity and vision
- Highly organised and able to prioritise
- Good ICT skills
- Awareness of and sensitivity to Asian Culture
Additional Benefits in addition to your tax-free salary
All teachers on full-time expatriate contracts are entitled to the following benefits:
- Full medical cover for the teacher and eligible dependents
- Visa, resident card and working permit paid
- Housing Allowance
- Annual Airfare Reimbursement
- End of Service Gratuity.
- Help Finding an Apartment & Setting Up Bank Account upon arrival to Vietnam.
- To be treated fairly and with respect
- A safe, attractive and friendly working environment
- Purpose built schools with first class facilities
- A generous level of resources and materials
- Fantastic Students
- To work hard – we have high expectations of our teachers
- Opportunities for continued professional development.
- An American Experience/Education
- Academically Successful
- High Standards of Student Conduct
- High Degrees of Parent Satisfaction
- Individual successes are recognized, rewarded, and celebrated.
- A wide range of co-curricular activities
- Student Development
- Mustang Pride!
The Application Process
If you are interested in any of our vacancies and you feel you can inspire our students, please apply for this vacancy by downloading the TAS Application Form below and sending it to:
Closing date for ALL applications: 28/02/2023
We are looking for teaching staff with a sense of adventure, a strong work ethic, and an enthusiasm for their profession. If this sounds like you, please be encouraged to apply!