Dear TAS Candidate,
Thank you for looking at the opportunities at The American School, Ho Chi Minh City. We are looking for outstanding teachers from around the world to join us on our wonderful journey – welcome to The American School, TAS! Please visit our website for an in-depth view of who we are.
Founded in 2010, TAS has been at the very centre of international integration and educational standards and we remain focused on providing our students and their families with care, respect, and knowledge.
We are a fully endorsed/accredited by the Western Association of Schools & Colleges (WASC), which means that:
- An American Agency has validated the school’s programs and transcripts
- School improvement will always continue to foster student growth & Best Practices.
- TAS Grade 12 Graduate Diplomas will be stamped with this prestigious endorsement.
- Transfer of Credits are easily facilitated from TAS to other English-Speaking Colleges & Universities
Our Pre-Kindergarten to Grade 12 Campus located in District 2 is a purpose-built facility which houses new and maintained facilities in order to keep your child engaged, active, and inspired regardless of their age.
Here at TAS, we meet and communicate regularly with parents/families and hold firm in our commitment to serve and grow the TAS Community and to offer exemplary education. We are very proud of our vibrant international school community and our reputation for providing an outstanding quality of education and results. We value academic success highly, but it is also our belief that the all-round development of each child is just as important.
We believe in working in partnership with our parents; recruiting and training high quality staff; setting high standards; self-discipline and meeting the needs of the individual within an enjoyable and challenging environment. If this is you then take a look at what we can offer you.
I look forward to receiving your application!
Adam M. Vetrano
Head of School
Due to growth in student numbers, The American School, HCMC, Vietnam has the following vacancies and is looking for teachers in the following areas:
Teaching in an international school is a different experience from teaching at home. Many teachers have an amazing life altering experience, enabling them to further their career whilst, at the same time, explore different parts of the world.
The American School, a private Early Childhood to Grade 12 college preparatory school, is to educate the whole child incorporating mind, body, and spirit. The school provides the tools, opportunities, and human resources to inspire and promote inquiry and development of self-confidence. Students will be equipped to become leaders with inquiring minds through critical thinking, writing, reasoning, investigating, problem solving, and collaborative experiences. A strong partnership of motivated students, caring faculty and parents affirms and challenges each person within a dynamic American educational program enriched by a multicultural setting in Vietnam. TAS promotes high standards of excellence by enhancing student learning for leadership in a global world.
We have recently moved into a new purpose-built campus which offers our learning community outstanding facilities to work and learn in.
The Head of School has overall responsibility of the campus and chairs weekly Senior Leadership Team meetings. We have strong Middle Leaders and Administrative Support Staff who see to the functions of day to day to school life. All staff are expected to share input and opinions regarding the direction and development of the school. TAS is committed to campus growth and the professional advancement of all of its staff.
TAS is accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges, WASC.
The vast majority of teachers, 80% coming predominantly from the USA, the UK, Canada and Australia. All are full-time, trained, and qualified with relevant teaching experience and appropriate credentials. Teaching Assistant Support is available in all early year’s classes and lower elementary teaching classes have English speaking Vietnamese Teaching Assistants, many of whom are also qualified teachers.
Our students enter Universities globally and achieve excellent graduation results that are supplemented by an extensive after school activities program which our teaching faculty take part in.
We strongly encourage parents to support and be involved in their child’s education. The Parent Association provides an effective channel of support between the parent community and the school. They help with organizing social activities, fundraising events, and provide a great source of support for new families.
Candidate Experience & Qualifications
- A university degree and a teaching qualification
- A minimum of 2 years teaching experience post certification.
- Secondary teachers only – the ability and experience to teach across the age range from Grade 6 to Grade 12
- Previous international experience
- Extensive experience of a globally accredited curriculum
- Competence/confidence with technology & web based educational platforms.
- A record of participation in activities beyond the classroom.
Professional Qualities Sought
- Positive attitude
- Flexible approach
- Accepting of responsibility
- Dedication to TAS
- Professional appearance (dress code)
- Pride in the quality of your work
- Committed to the students
- Positive role model/mentor
Personal Qualities Sought
- Fluent English speaker
- A positive and professional approach to school life
- Personal confidence and determination
- A willingness to go the “extra mile”
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Good communication skills both orally and in writing
- Reliability and integrity
- Sense of humour
- Creativity and vision
- Highly organised and able to prioritise
- Good ICT skills
- Awareness of and sensitivity to Asian Culture
Additional Benefits in addition to your tax-free salary
All teachers on full-time expatriate contracts are entitled to the following benefits:
- Full medical cover for the teacher and eligible dependents
- Visa, resident card and working permit paid
- Housing Allowance
- Annual Airfare Reimbursement
- End of Service Gratuity .
- Help Finding an Apartment & Setting Up Bank Account upon arrival to Vietnam.
- To be treated fairly and with respect
- A safe, attractive and friendly working environment
- Purpose built schools with first class facilities
- A generous level of resources and materials
- Fantastic Students
- To work hard – we have high expectations of our teachers
- Opportunities for continued professional development.
- An American Experience/Education
- Academically Successful
- High Standards of Student Conduct
- High Degrees of Parent Satisfaction
- Individual successes are recognized, rewarded, and celebrated.
- A wide range of co-curricular activities
- Student Development
- Mustang Pride!
The Application Process
If you are interested in any of our vacancies and you feel you can inspire our students, please apply for this vacancy by downloading the TAS Application Form below and sending it to:
Closing date for ALL applications: Friday February 5th, 2021
We are looking for teaching staff with a sense of adventure, a strong work ethic, and an enthusiasm for their profession. If this sounds like you, please be encouraged to apply!